This potato dish is devine and addictive. Pure comfort food. It is my mother-in-law's recipe and just eye-roll-back delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip potatoes until smooth (by hand or mixer, which ever way you prefer as long as you get the potatoes smooth). I use KitchenAid mixer which works well.
- In separate bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream and milk; add to potatoes.
- Beat until fluffy. You can add more milk if you prefer.
- Add onion salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into a greased 9x9" casserole dish. Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour or until just starting to brown.
Delicious! I didn't have any low-fat ingredients and refuse to think of the calories I ingested with the two helpings I had! Made for ZWT 8, Bistro Babes.
YUM, YUM, YUM!!!! This truly is one of the easiest and tastiest potato casseroles Ive tried in a while! LOVED the taste of this, so creamy and rich wihtout all the guilt. Mmmm! I used fat-reduced sour cream, cream cheese and milk.
I added some garlic powder and a tad more than a pinch black pepper, but other than that stuck to your recipe and enjoyed it a lot.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, deantini! Made and reviewed on recommendation of I'mPat October 2011.
This is awesome! My dad makes this for big family gatherings and we all totally hoover it! I know it's not a health conscious kind of dish, but that's kind of what makes it so good... :)