Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yet another version of the popular hash brown casserole. This is the one my Mom uses as do my sister & I now.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (small diced)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (500 ml) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- grated onion
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Thaw potatoes slightly.
- In lg. bowl mix together all ingredients(except for the parmesan.)
- Spread into a 9x13 and sprinkle with desired amount of parm (and yes, I use the stuff in the green can!) Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- *can halve recipe for a 9x9 pan.
I was looking for a potato dish to make today for my SS birthday dinner and I came across this recipe. It was delicious! I loved that it was so easy to put together too. I used a red onion to give a more colorful look. DH really loved this recipe too by the way! He kept on letting me know too. (do ya think that was a hint to make again?hehe) Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was delicious! We had my nephews birthday party in Iowa this weekend and I was in charge of cheesy potatoes. Rhonda recommended this recipe, and I'm glad she did! I tripled the recipe for a crowd, made the potatoes in the oven and then served them warm from my roaster. Several people commented on how delicious these were! Thanks for sharing an A+ recipe!