Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Yet another version of the popular hash brown casserole. This is the one my Mom uses as do my sister & I now.
Top Review by Marsha D.
I was looking for a potato dish to make today for my SS birthday dinner and I came across this recipe. It was delicious! I loved that it was so easy to put together too. I used a red onion to give a more colorful look. DH really loved this recipe too by the way! He kept on letting me know too. (do ya think that was a hint to make again?hehe) Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (small diced)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (500 ml) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- grated onion
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw potatoes slightly.
- In lg. bowl mix together all ingredients(except for the parmesan.)
- Spread into a 9x13 and sprinkle with desired amount of parm (and yes, I use the stuff in the green can!) Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- *can halve recipe for a 9x9 pan.