Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great, easy potato dish that can be made ahead and baked before serving. This is a great side dish to ham or really anytime you need a simple side for a crowd. The recipe comes from a cookbook put together by the associates at a major department store in my area where my mother-in-law works. This one is a gem!
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed.
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 cans cream of potato soup
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh minced onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole dish Bake at 350 for 1 to 1-1/2 hrs until heated through Tip: If making ahead you will need to allow extra cooking time.
This is highly rated this is way better than Stoffers Potatoes. I am so very pleased how this turned out. I do not and would not change anything. Great Taste and Easy to put together. Thank You Hugs
this is really great i also used as a main dish i added ground beef one time and cubed ham the other it was great thank you
Very good, I used Velveeta, mostly cause I use it for just about everything. Great crowd pleaser. Never do I have left overs