Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful side dish that my family loves.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, and tops
- white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- Boil potatoes in jackets until almost done; chill until very cold; peel and shred with a grater Melt butter in double boiler Add cheese, a small amount at a time Mix together the sour cream and milk Add to cheese mixture.
- Add onions and stir Add Salt and pepper to taste Add shredded potatoes Put in casserole dish Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, uncovered.
Instead of grating the potatoes I cut them up into little toddler size pieces and I omitted the onions and added real bacon cut up and my family especially my kids gobbled this up.
Excellent! I also cheated by using thawed-out hash browns. I made this as a side dish for our Christmas Eve dinner. All ten of our guests loved it! I added a bit more cheese, but other than that, I followed the directions exactly. Thanks for posting a keeper! :)
I made this for Thanksgiving because I wanted something a little different from the traditional mashed. I got so many compliments from my guests...even the children (which was amazing). The best compliment however, was the empty casserole dish at the end of the meal.