Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great pot luck dish. Can be made ahead.
- 30 ounces frozen hash browns (approx 10 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions, small pieces or 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter (or marg) into 2 quart baking dish.
- 9X13 is an equivalent size.
- Add 5 cups of frozen hash browns.
- In seperate bowl, mix soup, sour cream, milk and green onions.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over the hash browns.
- Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese on top.
- Add the rest of the hash browns, and mixture on top.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Drizzle the rest of the melted butter on top.
- Bake for 55 minutes.