Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This always turns out great.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled & diced (4 to 5 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Place potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add 1/2-teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; reserve.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly.
- Add milk; stir well.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, onion, salt, and pepper in lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add white sauce; blend lightly with spatula.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
It was a good casserole but a little bit on the bland side for me. Next time, I think I will try some Italian seasoned crumbs. The kids really enjoyed it and it was a good dish overall :)