1 hr 10 mins
The only recipe my late mother-in-law would consent to sharing with me! This is scrumptious and is an excellent accompaniment to any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes and the onion, (whole), in the microwave or in boiling water until just tender.
- 3Cut the potatoes and the onion into thick slices.
- 4Melt margarine in a microwave proof jug (or in a saucepan), stir in flour and mustard.
- 5Add evaporated milk and water.
- 6Microwave for 3 minutes (or return pan to heat and simmer 3 minutes).
- 7Add the crumbled stock cube and parmesan cheese.
- 8Place half the sliced potatoes in a casserole dish, place the onion and chopped bacon on top.
- 9Spoon half the sauce over, then layer remaining potatoes and sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and more parmesan if desired.
- 11Bake uncovered for 25minutes at 200 deg C.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g