casserole (derivative of Greek "kyathos") (n): 1: a deep round usu. porcelain dish with a handle used. (2) a dish in which food may be baked and served. (3) the food cooked and served in a casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and cheese in a saucepan.
- 2Remove from the heat and add the sour cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- 3Fold into the mashed potatoes and place in a greased casserole dish.
- 4Cover and bake at 325°F for 25 minutes.
- 5Uncover, sprinkle more grated cheese on top, and return to the oven just until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 286.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g