Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Otherwise called "Funeral potatoes."
- 7 potatoes, boiled with their hides on
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- corn flake crumbs
- Peel and grate potatoes into 9x13" baking pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients except corn flake crumbs and pour over potatoes.
- Mix some.
- Dab with butter on top and then sprinkle with corn flake crumbs.
- Bake 350 deg 20-30 minutes.
Delicious potato dish! I have made it to go with bbq'ed tritip, ceasar salad and homeade ice cream and it was the perfect addition. The second time I made them was for a potluck. Instead of peeled and grated potatoes I used frozen (shredded) hashbrowns first, and then frozen (cubed) hashbrowns next time. I preferred the cubed. I did increase the cooking time by about 15 to 20 minutes to accomodate for the frozen potatoes. Sure to be a family favorite.