Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy recipe for lovers of potato.
- Peel potatoes, cut into thin slices.
- Pat dry with tea towel, add salt and pepper, toss lightly.
- Put milk and potato slices into a saucepan, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently covered for 10 minutes.
- Add cream and crushed garlic.
- Simmer covered for further 20 minutes.
- Add shallots.
- Spoon potatoes and liquid into a casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered in a moderate oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.