Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This is from Southern Living--way back. Cleaning out magazines and found this one.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 cup butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish in a 350 degree F oven for 5-6 minutes, or until melted.
- Spread hash browns over butter in dish; top with vegetables. Stir together soup and next 4 ingredients; spread over vegetables.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Stir together corn flake crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.