Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty variation on an old favorite!
- 2 -3 lbs frozen southernstyle hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips or 1⁄2 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- fresh chives
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, sour cream, condensed soup, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Top with potato chips OR corn flakes.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and parsley.
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars...we call this yummy stuff at our house because if my girls think there are potatos involved they won't touch it. We use shredded hash browns, potato chips and no chives or parsley maybe I will next time! Not low fat but OH SO GOOD! Even my picky nieces ate thirds and declared the name yummy stuff very fitting.
I made these tonight for our Thanksgiving dinner and they were wonderful.Just like my recipe that I had "misfiled".The only thing that I did differently was to add an extra can of cream of chicken.Thanks for posting.