Recipe by Graybert
A tasty variation on an old favorite!
Top Review by Peyton&KaylansMama
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars...we call this yummy stuff at our house because if my girls think there are potatos involved they won't touch it. We use shredded hash browns, potato chips and no chives or parsley maybe I will next time! Not low fat but OH SO GOOD! Even my picky nieces ate thirds and declared the name yummy stuff very fitting.
- 2 -3 lbs frozen southernstyle hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips or 1⁄2 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- fresh chives
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, sour cream, condensed soup, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Top with potato chips OR corn flakes.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and parsley.