Recipe by Chabear01
This is from Home Cooking Magazine. Three kinds of cheese transforms ordinary mashed potatoes into a scrumptious side dish that is sure to be a hit with the kids. Chopped green onions, bacon bits or diced ham are optional stir-ins...so add any or all of them depending on the rest of your menu.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Wonderful taters! Cheesy, and oh so yummy!!! This would be a great way to make twice baked potatoes too I think! Thank you ChaCha! I'll be making these again soon! Made for KK's Recipe Tag
- 8-9 medium potatoes, I like to use the reds
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- ham, diced (optional)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cut, cook, drain, and mash potatoes.(I don't peel when using the red potatoes, but mash them skins on)
- Add milk, butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and optional ingredients of your choice. Mix well.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese. Bake until lightly browned.