Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Home Cooking Magazine. Three kinds of cheese transforms ordinary mashed potatoes into a scrumptious side dish that is sure to be a hit with the kids. Chopped green onions, bacon bits or diced ham are optional stir-ins...so add any or all of them depending on the rest of your menu.
- 8 -9 medium potatoes, I like to use the reds
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- ham, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel, cut, cook, drain, and mash potatoes.(I don't peel when using the red potatoes, but mash them skins on)
- Add milk, butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and optional ingredients of your choice. Mix well.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese. Bake until lightly browned.
Wonderful taters! Cheesy, and oh so yummy!!! This would be a great way to make twice baked potatoes too I think! Thank you ChaCha! I'll be making these again soon! Made for KK's Recipe Tag
I was doubtful about using Mozzarella cheese in this, but after the first bite, all doubts were dispelled. This is great... Mine was extra cheesy becuase I had a bit more mozzarella to hand but that worked out fine as I had a little less cheddar than I first thought.. the parmesan cheese on the top have the twist in flavour and together this was a really cheesy potato dish... one I will make regularly and that I'm certain will please next time I have guests. I left out the bacon bits this time, but see that they would be a nice addition, and really enjoyed this. Please see my rating system, a wonderful 5 stars and a keeper of a recipe :) Thanks !