Recipe by Chabear01
This is from Home Cooking Magazine. Three kinds of cheese transforms ordinary mashed potatoes into a scrumptious side dish that is sure to be a hit with the kids. Chopped green onions, bacon bits or diced ham are optional stir-ins...so add any or all of them depending on the rest of your menu.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Wonderful taters! Cheesy, and oh so yummy!!! This would be a great way to make twice baked potatoes too I think! Thank you ChaCha! I'll be making these again soon! Made for KK's Recipe Tag
- 8 -9 medium potatoes, I like to use the reds
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- ham, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cut, cook, drain, and mash potatoes.(I don't peel when using the red potatoes, but mash them skins on)
- Add milk, butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and optional ingredients of your choice. Mix well.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese. Bake until lightly browned.