Recipe by paula giles
This casserole is scrumptious. It is a wonderful side dish with baked chicken.
Top Review by Bone Man
Quite excellent. I went an extra 10 minutes on the baking time and threw in a handful of freshly-grated Parmesan in addition to using sharp cheddar cheese for some zip. Also, I used "fiesta [frozen] vegetables" along with some frozen peas. I served the casserole as a side to charcoal grilled chicken which had marinated overnight in the Korean Marinade from this side. A loaf of home made garlic bread and we had a super Saturday supper. I've tasted dishes similar to this one at family reunions but this one yielded a better flavor than those I've had before, plus it was fast and I didn't have to go out and buy ingredients. Thank you, Paula.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 (30 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) in 13x9 pan in 350 oven until melted.
- Spread hashbrowns onto the melted butter.
- Top with veggies.
- Stir soups and next 4 ingredients.
- Spread over veggies.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter and stir in crushed cornflakes.
- Sprinkle over casserole.