Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great picnic potato salad, no eggs.
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 spring green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, only if required
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, more as you wish
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 parsley sprigs (to garnish)
- In a large bowl mix together potatoes, spring onions, red onion, parsley and cheese.
- Add pepper and taste, only add a little salt if required, the cheese adds salt.
- Add mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with cayenne and garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Enjoyable potato salad with great added color from the carrots. I left out the red onion, but added a couple of chopped sweet pickles along with some pickle juice. I needed to use more mayonnaise than called for to get all the ingredients sufficiently coated. Topped with paprika instead of cayenne.
Different and delicious! I added 1 t. mustard to the dressing ('cause we like it). Found the salad a bit dry, so sprinkled with white wine vinegar to make the dressing a bit more liquid. Beautiful colors, too.
I made this and took it to a church potluck where it was enjoyed by many. Thank you Derf and hope you are mending nicely!