Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something a little different for my family that I make for Channukah, but everyone likes it alot....
- 3 large baking potatoes, pared
- 3 large carrots, pared
- 4 scallions, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- lemon wedges (to garnish) (optional) or lime wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- Cut first 3 ingredients into matchstick-thin pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and egg white until foamy; add potatoes, carrots, scallions and spices; stir well, then add flour until mixture is just combined.
- In a large nonstick skillet, coated with nonstick vegetable spray, heat 1 Tbs. oil.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, drop potato mixture into hot oil, about four rounds at a time.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat twice using remaining oil and potato mixture.