janice brady's Note:
This is something a little different for my family that I make for Channukah, but everyone likes it alot....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes, pared
- 3 large carrots, pared
- 4 scallions, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- lemon wedges (to garnish) (optional) or lime wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Cut first 3 ingredients into matchstick-thin pieces.
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg and egg white until foamy; add potatoes, carrots, scallions and spices; stir well, then add flour until mixture is just combined.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, coated with nonstick vegetable spray, heat 1 Tbs. oil.
- 4Using 1/4 cup measure, drop potato mixture into hot oil, about four rounds at a time.
- 5Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat twice using remaining oil and potato mixture.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Carrot Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 438.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g