Recipe by JustJanS
Nice with roast meats for a change.
Top Review by Neilis
11/7/08 FABULOUS.. This was the best part of the meal. I did not follow the recipe exactly. I did not add nutmeg, as I did not have yoghurt I added extra reduced fat sour cream. I also did not have green onion, so finely chopped brown onion.. This recipe is a definite keeper. Thank you for posting.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 500g)
- 2 large carrots (about 250g)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup milk (skim is ok)
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly spray a 28 x 16-cm shallow baking dish with spray oil.
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes and carrots. Place in a mixing bowl and add onions, sour cream, milk yoghurt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place the mixture in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and nutmeg.
- Cook for 40 minutes, until cooked and bubbling hot. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.