Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A kinda odd creation of mine I made with easter leftovers.
- 1⁄2 cup of cooked carrot
- 1⁄4 cup of cooked potato, peeled
- 1⁄2 of a small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (if burgers are not binding well)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour (if needed)
- breadcrumbs (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 hamburger buns or 2 pita breads
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 slices provolone cheese (or other favorite cheese)
- Mash together all burger ingredients EXCEPT crumbs for dredging.
- Form into 2 burgers.
- Coat burgers in bread crumbs.
- Fry in a frying pan on med high heat in cooking sprayed pan until lightly browned.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and cheese with spiced mayo.
- Pop in toaster oven to melt cheese if you please.
- MAYO: Combine all ingredients.
Here's a nice, very tasty alternative to the usual burger, or even the usual veggie burger! I used some lemon pepper & garlic salt for seasoning a bit more, but other than than I followed your recipe! Very happy with the results, & I'll be making this again! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
This turned out well. I used all of the optional ingredients, I think it would have been even better without.
The burger itself was pretty good but I wouldnt call mayo and ketchup spicy. I used horsradish mayo for some extra "spice"