Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a treat to have for weekend meal- so very tasty and different!!
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 473.18 ml yellow onions, sliced
- 10 yellow petite potatoes
- 2 prepared pizza crust (12-inch)
- 414.03 ml Fontina cheese, shredded, divided
- 29.58 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml extra virgin 100% olive oil
- Heat 4 teaspoons olive oil over medium-low heat in large skillet. Add yellow onion and cook until soft and golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poke the petite potatoes, a few times with the tip of a knife and microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until softened. Cool potatoes, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place 2 pizza pie crusts on a lightly oiled grill heated to medium. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and rigid. Using tongs, turn crusts over. Divide Fontina cheese, potato slices and sautéed onions over each crust.
- Close lid, and cook until cheese is bubbly and crusts are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill and season with 2 tablespoons finely chopped Rosemary, and salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil,. Slice each pizza into 6 wedges. Enjoy!
This was a very different treat for us. I've never really made anything like it before so my whole family thought it was quite unique but they enjoyed it. I added some mozarella cheese as well and added just a touch of balsamic vinegar to the onions. Unfortunately, I could not find fresh rosemary so I had to use dried. I just sprinkled it over the top so I'm not sure how much I used. You could really smell the fragrance of the rosemary as this was baking in the oven. Thanks for sharing! (Tagged for NKOTB) Forgot to mention that I added some mushrooms also that I wanted to use up.