Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup potato, mashed (1 medium potato)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, may need more if not firm (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- to taste peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- All you do for DELICIOUS potato candy is this: Combine mashed potatoes, powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and maple syrup until a dough forms.
- It's better to wait until the potato is cooled because if you don't, the sugar melts and you seem to have to add a lot more sugar than if the potato were cooled.
- Roll the dough out to whatever thickness you like. Roll it to about 1/4 inch or maybe a little thicker.
- Spread peanut butter (crunchy or smooth) onto the rolled out dough.
- Roll the candy up and wrap it in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Put it in the refrigerator to harden it up a little. Slice and eat.
Soup soup soup...
I let it cool, I added sugar and it just kept getting soupier and soupier. Too bad, I love simple things to make!
this is the one ive been looking for!!!!reminds me of my childhood thanks