Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
As far as I can tell this is an old French Canadian recipe. It has been passed on for generations and I have never seen it in any cookbooks.
- *Qty of icing sugar depends on the size of the potato but you will need quite a bit. Use as much or as little peanut butter as you like.
- In a large plate, mash potato with a fork. Add icing sugar a little at a time while mixing with fork. Keep adding icing sugar until mixture is hard and thick.
- Place mixture between 2 sheets of wax paper. With rolling pin, roll into a thin sheet.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper and spead peanut butter over candy. Roll into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for about 15 minutes and then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Tip: If mixture is too soft to roll, refrigerate 10-15 minutes before rolling.