Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crispy potato cakes make a great base for the creamy mushrooms sauce. Ideal for a relaxed meal with friends.
- 375 g waxy potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 15 g self raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 25 g butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 375 g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- Grate the potatoes finely and squeeze out as much water as possible. Place in a bowl with the dill, onion, salt and flour. Mix in the egg until all ingredients are combined.
- Make the mushroom sauce by melting the butter and frying the garlic and shallots for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining sauce ingredients, keep warm.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan and divide the potato mix into 8. Press the mix into cake shapes and fry for 3 - 4 mins each side.
- Drain the cakes and serve with the mushroom sauce.