Recipe by KelBel
These potato cakes are quite unique. The apple, blue cheese, and nuts make them a perfect side dish for pork, chicken, or beef, or a nice vegetarian meal with a salad.
- 8 ounces new potatoes
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces granny smith apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and mash potatoes.
- Place nuts and onion in food processor and chop finely.
- Add nuts, onion, apple, cheese and bread crumbs to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and shape into 6 equal sized cakes. Coat in the flour and let chill for one hour.
- Pan fry in a heavy bottom skillet in corn oil for 5 minutes per side. Serve hot.