1/5 Photos of Potato Cakes (Michael Smith)
Lori Mama's Note:
I saw him make this recipe on his show Chef at Home (Food Network Canada). I use a non stick frying pan for this, so I'm able to fry with minimal fat. In this case I used vegetable oil instead of the bacon fat. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork.
- 2Fry bacon until crispy, strain off fat and set aside.
- 3Smash steamed potatoes and add the bacon, onions, cheese, egg and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Form potato mixture into four patties.
- 6Put reserved bacon fat into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add a touch more cooking oil if necessary.
- 8Fry potato cakes until golden and heated through.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cakes (Michael Smith)
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g