Cook1 hr 30 mins
Yummmm I could eat these till I pop.
Make and share this Potato Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup diced seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 5 medium russet potatoes, with skins
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan-reggiano cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- oil (about 2-3 cups, for frying)
- Boil potatoes for 25-30 mins or until mostly soft, but still slightly firm. Potato cakes will hold together best when the potatoes are not totally mushy.
- As the potatoes boil make the Herbed Ranch Salsa by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill till needed.
- Drain potatoes and mash with skins on in medium bowl. and don't overly mash, just make sure there are small chunks of potato.
- Add remaining potato cake ingredients and mix well.
- Combine breadcrumbs with flour and 1 Teaspoon of Dill in large bowl.
- Combine beaten egg & milk in another large bowl.
- Measure approx 1/2 cup of potato mixture into your hands and shape into a patty about the size of a hamburger patty.
- Drop potato mixture into breading mixture, then into egg & milk, and then back into breading mixture. Be sure to cover entire surface with breading. Arrange the potato cakes on a plate, repeat the process with remaining potato mixture.
- Cover and chill the potato cakes for one hour so they will be sure to stick together when fried.
- Heat up shortening in skillet over medium-low heat.There should be about 1" of shortening in the pan.
- Fry the potato cakes in the oil 2-4 minutes or until golden brown, then drain on rack or paper towels.
- Serve with Herbed Ranch Salsa drizzled over top.