Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful for breakfast or brunch. Super easy to make and remind me of McDonald's hash browns! The recipe calls for grated potatoes, but I make with leftover mashed potatoes and it is sinfully good! If you use leftover mashed, just skip step 1 in directions. My mom made these all the time growing up and it is a good reminder of home.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil (this is a general amount- need enough to cover bottom of frying pan)
- Peel and grate potatoes into bowl.
- Grate onion.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, add onions, flour and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Drain potatoes and add to egg mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Drop 1/4 cup potato mixture into hot oil. Flatten with spatula.
- Brown on each side, drain on paper towel.