Recipe by mrsteacher22
These are wonderful for breakfast or brunch. Super easy to make and remind me of McDonald's hash browns! The recipe calls for grated potatoes, but I make with leftover mashed potatoes and it is sinfully good! If you use leftover mashed, just skip step 1 in directions. My mom made these all the time growing up and it is a good reminder of home.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil (this is a general amount- need enough to cover bottom of frying pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate potatoes into bowl.
- Grate onion.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, add onions, flour and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Drain potatoes and add to egg mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Drop 1/4 cup potato mixture into hot oil. Flatten with spatula.
- Brown on each side, drain on paper towel.