These delicious little cakes are one of my weaknesses! I like to make them and put them in my lunch box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 6 - 8 minutes until just tender, drain and allow to cool.
- 2Grate the potatoes and add the creme fraiche, egg yolks and cheese. Season if desired.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- 4beat a little egg white into the potato mixture and then fold in the rest.
- 5Heat the oil in a non stick pan and lightly oil four round cutters (I use small food tins with both ends removed) place the cutters in the pan and quarter fill each with the potato mixture.
- 6Cook the cakes for about a minute until the bottoms are set and then finish off under a hot grill until the tops are golden and set.
- 7Serve the cakes split and buttered or with fried mushrooms and a poached egg.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian parmesan cheese