Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sounds like a childhood fave made healthier.
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, egg white, onion, flour, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot , put about 2 tablespoon potato mixture for each cake into the skillet.
- Cook until well browned, then turn with a spatula and cook other side until brown.
- Continue making cakes, keeping the first ones warm.