Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
from a friend
- 4 cups coarsley grated potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 6 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Squeeze liquid from potato; combine with egg, flour, sour cream, mustard, chives and salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan over low heat; swirl oil to coat sides and base of pan.
- Spread potato mixture into pan, pressing down well; cook 5 minutes, or until golden brown and set on base.
- Use 2 large spatulas, one on top and one underneath, to flip cake over, or cut into 4 wedges and flip each separately.
- Cook until set and golden on both sides.
- Season to taste with salt and peppe.
- Serve warm or cold.
Made these to go with Recipe #300638. They were very good. I didn't cook long enough, but next time may have them set up in the oven to make sure.
Easy, tasty and different potatoe side dish.Cooked this in the oven, because the stove top was in use, 40 minutes on 375F, and in a non stick dish.I think the mustard added a nice tang to the dish.