1 hr 30 mins
Just happened to have the ingredients on hand when I decided to combine them into this soup. It is hearty. Serve with warm crusty rolls or rye bread. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, medium dice
- 1 head cabbage, chunked
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced (I use turkey smoked sausage)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- chicken soup base (I use Orrington's)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Put potatoes, celery, and onion into a medium to large stock pot -.
- 2Cover with water and cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3Add cabbage, sausage, and beans and continue to cook for approximately 1/2 hour.
- 4Adjust seasonings if needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if using.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Cabbage, Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 909.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 24.7 g