Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BHG. Good with corned beef.
Make and share this Potato-Cabbage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb unpeeled potato, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover.
- Bring to boiling; lower heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or just until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter over med heat until tender.
- Add in cabbage; cover and cook about 5 minutes or just until cabbage wilts.
- Stir in soup, milk, cheese, pepper, rosemary, and garlic salt.
- Cook and stir until cheese melts; carefully stir in potatoes.
- Transfer potato mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Not bad, not bad at all. I was lacking rosemary, so that might be why this isn't a whole 5 stars. It just tasted like it needed a little something extra. I think next time I make it I'll add mushrooms. Thanks for the great recipe!