From BHG. Good with corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unpeeled potato, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Put potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover.
- 2Bring to boiling; lower heat.
- 3Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or just until tender; drain and set aside.
- 4In a large saucepan, cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter over med heat until tender.
- 5Add in cabbage; cover and cook about 5 minutes or just until cabbage wilts.
- 6Stir in soup, milk, cheese, pepper, rosemary, and garlic salt.
- 7Cook and stir until cheese melts; carefully stir in potatoes.
- 8Transfer potato mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 9Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- 10Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 528.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g