Recipe by Bergy
I had some left over potatoes and it was burger night so I thought Why not? My left overs were garlic mashed potatoes. It tastes delish and it does stretch that burger meat. They are a bit soft to handle so if you BBQ I recommend using a griddle under the burger (the ones with the holes) . I enjoy these burgers pan fried. I like this amount for 4 burgers but it will make 6 just increase the number of buns, tomato slices etc.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 8 ounces mashed potatoes
- 4 tablespoons creamy caesar salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 cups mixed sweet colored bell peppers, chopped
- 4 buns
- 4 slices tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices cheese, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the hamburger, potato, jalapenos & Caesar dressing.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Make into 4 patties.
- Cook the patties on high heat in a large fry pan brown one side of the burgers, flip and turn heat to medium.
- Add the Mushrooms & Onions & cover pan, stir the veggies a couple of times.
- When the onions and mushrooms are almost golden add peppers, flip burger and cover the pan turn to low, continue cookig until burgers are no longer pink (entire time apprx 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile toast the inside of the buns, add cheese and let it melt.
- Assemble burger putting some of the Musrooms mixture on the burger along with the lettuce & tomate and have the rest of the veggie mixture on the side.
- Nice to serve with Oven Fries.