1/1 Photo of Potato Buns (Bread Machine)
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a simple potato bread recipe, mixed in a bread machine, that makes one dozen hot dog or hamburger buns, or could be used for rolls. The crust bakes very light brown, and the bread has a very smooth texture inside. These are egg-, milk-, and soy-free, which is nearly impossible to find in store-bought buns. These freeze very well for later use, and pre-sliced frozen buns defrost easily in a toaster or microwave. Preparation time assumes 5 minute ingredient assembly, 50 minute single-rise dough cycle, 5 minute dough shaping, and 15 minute rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the ingredients in order to bread machine pan.
- 2Set on dough setting.
- 3After first rise, remove dough (do not let it rise a second time in the machine!).
- 4Divide dough into 12 equal parts (or more, depending on the size bun you need).
- 5To shape hot dog buns: roll dough between hands until roughly the diameter and length of a hot dog.
- 6To shape hamburger buns: flatten dough ball into roughly the shape of a hamburger.
- 7Place shaped dough on a large baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. This makes for very easy removal and clean up!
- 8Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 9Allow dough to rise for 15 minutes while oven preheats.
- 10Bake buns for 15-20 minutes, or until tops turn light golden brown.
- 11Allow buns to cool slightly before slicing.
- 12Buns may be frozen.
- 13To defrost, toast in a bagel-friendly toaster or microwave for approximately 20 seconds.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Buns (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g