Recipe by Ramon Casha
Sliced potatoes with bruschetta topping, a bit like a mini pizza with a potato base. Delicious as an appetizer.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 medium size onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 100 g pickled capers
- 100 g sliced olives
- 100 g feta or 100 g goat cheese
- fennel seed
- 100 g sliced cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices, about half a cm thick. Place them flat on a baking tray, on baking paper (individual slices).
- Pour the olive oil onto the potatoes. Use a brush to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the fennel seeds onto the potatoes.
- Chop the tomatoes, onion and cheeselets or feta into small pieces, and the garlic into tiny bits. Mix together with the olives, capers and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place some of this mix on each potato slice and flatten it a little.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200°C.
- Cut the cheddar slices into as many pieces as there are potato slices.
- Place a piece of cheddar over each slice, then pop under the grill for a further 5 minutes to melt the cheddar and caramelise it slightly.