Recipe by bekajoi
The perfect blend between baked potato and broccoli cheese soup. Creamy, hearty, amazingly tasty. This was a soup I created one day while fishing for ingredients in the fridge. Turned out so well, it became a favorite.
Top Review by madone90s
Hearty seems to be the relevant word here. This recipe is full of flavor and easy to make with normal (ie not exotic!) ingredients! I chose to use 1 pound of broccoli and 6 medium baked potatoes (I used two as chunks.) I used an immersion blender to purée the ingredients before adding the chunks of potato, milk and cheese. It's a wonderful cold day soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 4 large potatoes, baked, then chunked (baking size)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 6 cups broth, veggie or 6 cups chicken
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour (all purpose is fine if you cannot find)
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, chunked or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, melt butter.
- Soften onion & garlic in the blend, 8-10 minute
- Add parsley, potato, broccoli, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 30 minute
- Whisk milk and flour in separate bowl, set aside.
- Smash 1/3-1/2 of the potatoes with potato masher.
- Blend in milk mix, then add velveeta and melt.
- Turn off burner, and allow soup to thicken, about 5 minutes.