Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Weight Watchers message boards.
- 1 lb peeled cubed potato
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Bring potato, milk and broth to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup potato mixture and set aside. Place remaining mixture in blender and process until smooth.
- Return puree to pan, stir in broccoli, salt and pepper. Partially cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add reserved potato mixture, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; add cheese and stir till cheese melts.