Recipe by Tish
Ordinary but good casserole to pull out of the freezer for a home cooked side dish! I modified this recipe after the comments to add the oven temp. :)
Top Review by Len23
Hmm..i'm not sure what to say about this one. I didn't freeze mine, I just cooked it straight off for dinner that night. I thinly sliced my potatoes, tossed it all together and threw it in the oven for an hour at 350*. I used a can and a half of milk and it came out pretty soupy anf runny. The next day I warmed up the leftovers in the oven which seemed to take care of some of the soupiness, but I'd still decrease the milk to one can. Some cheese and garlic mixed throughout would make it yummier I think. A good base recipe that needs some tweaking.
- 4 -5 potatoes, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, florets, blanched
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk, approx, to cover
- shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- This easy recipe freezes well if prepared with cooked potatoes and reheated in the oven.
- In a casserole, put a few (4-5) sliced potatoes, the florets from a head of broccoli (blanched), a can of cream of broccoli and cheese soup, and enough milk to make the soup cover the veggies.
- Throw in a handful or two of shredded cheese.
- Cover, label and freeze.
- It tastes like a broccoli-n- cheese baked potato.
- Bake this in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- For crockpot: use raw potatoes and cook for 2-3 hours or till done on high.
- Freeze after cooking.