Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ordinary but good casserole to pull out of the freezer for a home cooked side dish! I modified this recipe after the comments to add the oven temp. :)
- 4 -5 potatoes, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, florets, blanched
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk, approx, to cover
- shredded cheese
- This easy recipe freezes well if prepared with cooked potatoes and reheated in the oven.
- In a casserole, put a few (4-5) sliced potatoes, the florets from a head of broccoli (blanched), a can of cream of broccoli and cheese soup, and enough milk to make the soup cover the veggies.
- Throw in a handful or two of shredded cheese.
- Cover, label and freeze.
- It tastes like a broccoli-n- cheese baked potato.
- Bake this in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- For crockpot: use raw potatoes and cook for 2-3 hours or till done on high.
- Freeze after cooking.
Hmm..i'm not sure what to say about this one. I didn't freeze mine, I just cooked it straight off for dinner that night. I thinly sliced my potatoes, tossed it all together and threw it in the oven for an hour at 350*. I used a can and a half of milk and it came out pretty soupy anf runny. The next day I warmed up the leftovers in the oven which seemed to take care of some of the soupiness, but I'd still decrease the milk to one can. Some cheese and garlic mixed throughout would make it yummier I think. A good base recipe that needs some tweaking.
I was a little disappointed with the directions on this recipe - what temp? Also, I can see why you didn't list cooked potatoes in the ingredients, but I was thrown by finding out that I should pre-cook them before freezing. No stars this time, because I way overcooked it (I went out, and told my daughter not to turn the oven off when the timer rang because I thought I was coming right back.) It still tasted good. I did put another batch in the freezer without precooking the potatoes, so we'll see. I thought that 2 "cans" of milk was too much in the first batch, and it would have been soggy if I hadn't cooked it too long, so I only used 1 in the batch I froze.