Recipe by luvmybge
This is my dad's recipe from long ago. Sadly, he passed away in 2006, but his bread lives on through our family. I bake this in the machine on 2lb loaf with medium crust. I've also just set the machine for 'dough' and made loaves out of it freehand. They are still wonderful. Try adding dill seeds to this bread for a nice treat. Seeds... not dill weed. This bread is terrific for sandwiches... toast... really anything. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened or melted)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put into your machine as your directions suggest.
- I usually put water, butter, salt and sugar in first.
- Then I add the flour, dry milk powder and potato flakes.
- I make a little well on top and add the yeast to that.
- Set the machine for 2lb loaf. medium crust and let it do it's thing.
- Please let bread cool completely before cutting.