Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a light and delicious loaf of bread made with instant mashed potato flakes. It was my first truly successful attempt at using my new bread machine, and I plan on making it again and again! If I didn't screw it up it must be foolproof! I found this online somewhere, but I'm ashamed to say I forgot where. This makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 177.44 ml milk or 177.44 ml soymilk
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil or 29.58 ml canola oil
- 7.39 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 118.29 ml instant potato flakes
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml white pepper (optional-i omit)
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed, or as recommended by your bread machine.
- Select desired setting and press start.
- I make this using the basic cycle and the lightest crust setting.
This turned out excellent. I used just the dough cycle and let it rise and baked at 350 in reg pans . It makes 2 nice loaves. Thanks
What a wonderful loaf, Kree! I used canola oil, 2% milk and also omitted the white pepper (since I didn't have any)! This was definitely a winner. The loaf was very light and tasted absolutely wonderful! I'll definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thanks for posting!
Tastes awful! This is the worst bread recipe I have ever tried. One bite is gag inducing. Going to look for a different recipe