1/5 Photos of Potato Bread-Bread Machine
3 hrs 15 mins
Yes, I know that there are already recipes for potato bread on Zaar, but couldn't find one like this one! This is a good crusty loaf with a soft centre making it perfect for sandwiches. We don't buy any bread, so I rely heavily on good bread recipes-this one we like a lot! Tip: if you are using leftover mashed potato that has had milk and or butter added, you may need to reduce the liquid a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the water and oil into the bread pan. If your instructions specify that the yeast is to placed into the pan first, reverse the order in which you add the liquid and dry ingredients.
- 2Sprinkle over the flour, ensuring that it covers the water. Add the mashed potato and milk powder. Add the salt and sugar in separate corners of the bread pan. Make a small indent into the centre of the flour and add the yeast.
- 3Set the machine to basic and medium crust and start.
- 4To glaze the loaf, brush the top with milk either at the beginning of cooking time or halfway through.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Bread-Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2124.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 3328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 396.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: