Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Bread Machine Magic. This has a lovely crisp crust. You can substitute softened butter for the oil. Time will vary according to your machine. This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 5⁄8 cup milk (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup potato water (from cooking potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order recommended by manufacturer.
- Bake on Light crust cycle.
I made this with wholemeal bread flour as that was what I had in but it still turned out a nice loaf. Nice open texture with a crisp crust and a nice taste, as described. I will definitely try this again.