A recipe that uses leftover boiled potato and potato water.
Make and share this Potato Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mash the potato and add the potato water, salt, sugar, and shortening.
- In a medium sized bowl mix 5 cups flour and yeast.
- Add lukewarm liquid mixture and work into flour.
- Knead remaining 2 cups of flour into the dough.
- Let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Work down and form into loaves.
- Place into pans and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and brush butter over entire surface of loaves.