Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
A recipe that uses leftover boiled potato and potato water.
Make and share this Potato Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium potato, pared, cubed, and boiled (8oz.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, used to cook potato
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 5 -7 cups flour
- Mash the potato and add the potato water, salt, sugar, and shortening.
- In a medium sized bowl mix 5 cups flour and yeast.
- Add lukewarm liquid mixture and work into flour.
- Knead remaining 2 cups of flour into the dough.
- Let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Work down and form into loaves.
- Place into pans and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and brush butter over entire surface of loaves.
Loved this bread. It rose much quicker than usual so I let it go a bit too much. Will check it sooner next time. Loved it with jam for breakfast.
Made this for the second time and it's excellent! This time I used white whole wheat flour and it's so good I'm making a second batch to share! Thanx for sharing!
Loved this bread! Thanks.......