Recipe by Aroostook
A recipe that uses leftover boiled potato and potato water.
Top Review by Tiamat
FANTASTIC for the oven, tasty and fluffy, amazing. But, how to do this in a bread machine? been looking for a bread machine potato recipe but they all want dry flakes and no real potatoes! Need a 2 LB recipe. Oven is good too but would like to use my machine more. :DD
- 1 medium potato, pared, cubed, and boiled (8oz.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, used to cook potato
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 5 -7 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the potato and add the potato water, salt, sugar, and shortening.
- In a medium sized bowl mix 5 cups flour and yeast.
- Add lukewarm liquid mixture and work into flour.
- Knead remaining 2 cups of flour into the dough.
- Let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Work down and form into loaves.
- Place into pans and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and brush butter over entire surface of loaves.