1/1 Photo of Potato Bread
1 hr 35 mins
A recipe that uses leftover boiled potato and potato water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash the potato and add the potato water, salt, sugar, and shortening.
- 2In a medium sized bowl mix 5 cups flour and yeast.
- 3Add lukewarm liquid mixture and work into flour.
- 4Knead remaining 2 cups of flour into the dough.
- 5Let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 6Work down and form into loaves.
- 7Place into pans and let rise until doubled in size.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 9Remove from pans and brush butter over entire surface of loaves.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1473.8
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3511.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 277.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 35.8 g