Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comfort food at it's best. Potato Bowl.......given the name because it's served in a bowl. ; )
- 2 potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 leeks, white and light green part chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- fresh spinach (a few handfuls)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the potatoes until tender enough to easily pass a fork through them.
- On med-low heat, fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy.
- Set bacon on a paper towel or napkin to soak up the excess grease. This will make the bacon a bit crispier.
- Leave the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Once the strips are cooled, crumble up the bacon.
- Once the potatoes are done, sauté them in the bacon fat with garlic and leeks until the potatoes start to brown.
- At this point add in the spinach and continue to fry it all together until the spinach is just wilted.
- Add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve in a bowl, crumble the bacon on top, and enjoy.