Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious - but only if you've got a VERY sweet tooth!
- 3⁄4 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 4 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (bitter, not sweetened)
- Mash the icing sugar into the potatoes. It looks impossible but it will work! I found it easiest to use my hands, like I was making pastry.
- Add the coconut and the cocoa powder.
- Push into a rectangular dish/pan and flatten out until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and serve - sparingly! it's very, very sweet.
- I called it Potato Bounty, because the taste reminds me of the Bounty bar you can buy in the uk - don't know if it sells in the States too.
- Next time I might add chopped glace cherries, maybe some nuts too.
- 5 minutes squidging time, about an hour chilling. No cooking.
very similar to macaroon (a traditional Scottish sweet not to be confused with macaroons), where you combine the potato, coconut & sugar, then once set, dip in chocolate & coat in coconut