Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 8 large potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup chives, diced
- cheddar cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes.
- rub with a little vegetable oil to make skins softer.
- Pierce skin with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees until tender for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Cut potato in half and carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes using a potato masher to remove lumps.
- Heat margarine and milk until margarine melts and beat into potatoes.
- Beat in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells and brush with melted butter.
- Top each potato with cheddar cheese and chives.
- Place in oven until cheese melts on top.
Make these every year. They're wonderful.
These were really good and easy to make!! I only made half of the recipe and the only change I made was add a few chives into the potato mixture because I had some extra to use up. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.