Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Darlene Strohecker. Cooking time doesn't include time it takes to bake the potato.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 4 slices cheese
- Bake potatoes until done.
- When cool, cut in half and scoop out middles.
- Place shells on baking tray.
- Mix remaining ingredients with the scooped-out potato and mash.
- Heap the mixture in the shells and put a slice of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Yummy. This is a nice way to do baked potatoes. I liked the creaminess of the cream cheese and the flavor of the garlic salt. My "shells" (skins) started to rip apart somewhat so I couldn't really fill them up like I would have liked to. I kinda just piled all the filling on top of the flattened skins. Still super tasty though! One of these paired with a salad and I had a delicious and simple meal. Thanks for posting. Made for photo tag.