1/1 Photo of Potato, Blue Cheese and Mushroom Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Melt in your mouth good. The Yukon Gold's give it a buttery taste and extra richness. From Oct 1996 Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, any type thickly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme (double if fresh)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (double if fresh)
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled,very thinly sliced into rounds
- 1Preheat over to 400.
- 2Butter 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 3Placed cheese in bowl, add 1/2 c cream.
- 4Mash to chunky paste.
- 5Mix in salt and pepper, add remaining cream.
- 6Melt butter in large pot.
- 7Add mushrooms and herbs; sautee until tender and liquid cooks away about 8 minutes.
- 8Arrange half potatoes in dish.
- 9Spoon 3/4 c cheese sauce evenly over.
- 10Top with all mushroom mixture, 3/4 c cheese sauce, then remaining potatoes.
- 11Top with remaining cheese sauce.
- 12Cover dish with foil.
- 13Bake for 30 minutes.
- 14Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer.
- 15Let stand 10 minutes; serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Blue Cheese and Mushroom Bake
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.7
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.2 mg
- Sodium 785.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g