Recipe by Rita~
Colorful Traditional West African Dish eaten with your fingers!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Yum, perfect plate of goodness! I didn't change one thing, except sub sweet potatoes for some carrots. (didn't have any) this is so good, a group of us ate this within minutes. The dipping sauce is da bomb, I could of dipped anything into it. This was wonderful, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy this...as well as everyone on the farm. Perfect! Made for ZWT 7
- 236.59 ml yukon gold potato, 3/4-inch peeled, cooked till tender
- 236.59 ml sweet potato, 3/4-inch, peeled, cooked till tender
- 236.59 ml cauliflower, lightly cooked florets
- 236.59 ml broccoli, lightly cooked florets
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 3 small canned beets (1/4-inch slices)
- 10 bibb lettuce
- 10 leaf red cabbage
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ground dried chile (1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chile)
- 118.29 ml prepared seafood cocktail sauce
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine thyme and next 5 ingredients (thyme through 1/8 teaspoon black pepper), stirring with a whisk. Add oil, stirring well to combine; drizzle vinaigrette over lettuce.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots gently toss in dressing. At this point -- can be made the day before and chilled.
- Arrange lettuce and cabbage leaves alternately on a large chilled platter.
- Spoon potato mixture over lettuce; top with beets.
- Dipping sauce:.
- Place chiles in a medium bowl add cocktail sauce and remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Serve with vegetables.