Colorful Traditional West African Dish eaten with your fingers!
Make and share this Potato, Beet,cauliflower and Broccoli Salad Platter recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup yukon gold potato, 3/4-inch peeled, cooked till tender
- 1 cup sweet potato, 3/4-inch, peeled, cooked till tender
- 1 cup cauliflower, lightly cooked florets
- 1 cup broccoli, lightly cooked florets
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 3 small canned beets (1/4-inch slices)
- 10 bibb lettuce
- 10 leaves red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ground dried chile (1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chile)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine thyme and next 5 ingredients (thyme through 1/8 teaspoon black pepper), stirring with a whisk. Add oil, stirring well to combine; drizzle vinaigrette over lettuce.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots gently toss in dressing. At this point -- can be made the day before and chilled.
- Arrange lettuce and cabbage leaves alternately on a large chilled platter.
- Spoon potato mixture over lettuce; top with beets.
- Dipping sauce:.
- Place chiles in a medium bowl add cocktail sauce and remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Serve with vegetables.
Yum, perfect plate of goodness! I didn't change one thing, except sub sweet potatoes for some carrots. (didn't have any) this is so good, a group of us ate this within minutes. The dipping sauce is da bomb, I could of dipped anything into it. This was wonderful, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy this...as well as everyone on the farm. Perfect! Made for ZWT 7
An absolutely great combo of veggies & we thoroughly enjoyed using the fingers (well, at least I did, while my other half is a bit more picky)! I especially liked the inclusion of the sweet potato, one of my all-time-favorite vegetables! Thanks for a great keeper of a recipe with this one! [Recipenapped & made in Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 23]